Job Announcement – Administrative Assistant Organizer
ACTIONN is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant Organizer to join our team! ACTIONN works to organize a powerful multi-faith community organization to create structural change in Northern Nevada. ACTIONN is a member of the PICO National Network.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Responsibilities: An Administrative Assistant Organizer with ACTIONN works as the internal organizer of data, communications, and events. Communication with external persons including clergy and congregation leaders occurs regularly. Our current portfolio of issues includes economic justice, immigration reform, and civic engagement. Interested applicants should have a demonstrated passion for these issues. This person will join a small staff team and many congregation leaders.
- Data base management – add new persons and changes to database; update and train others to use efficiently.
- Event logistics – work closely with congregation leaders to plan and implement large public events.
- Donor management and fundraising – manage system to bill donors on an ongoing basis, build relationships with donors, and manage fundraising opportunities.
- Communication – send out notices and call prospects to attend meetings and events; create and send newsletters
- Conduct 1-1s with new and existing community leaders on a consistent and regular basis (~2-5 a week).
- Office management – maintain the orderliness of office, including organizing, ordering office supplies, and keeping track of office maintenance.
- Help with community organization as needed and as interested.
- Participate in staff development and staff meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned.
ACTIONN has a strong learning culture, including staff development, coaching opportunities, and webinars. We place a high priority on personal learning, relationship building and creating a respectful multi-ethnic, multi-faith and multilingual organization. This is a part-time, non- exempt position with occasional evening and weekend work.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills and interest in people.
- Disciplined and able to work effectively in highly unstructured environment.
- Desire to learn and openness to challenge.
- Strong interest in community and social justice issues, working with communities of color and faith communities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database use.
- Must have driver’s license and a reliable car.
- ACTIONN is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Salary/Benefits: $12 -15 an hour, based on experience. 9 paid holidays. Two weeks paid time off accrued monthly and available to begin to use after 6 months of employment and 20 hours paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Learn more about ACTIONN at www.actionn.org
All applicants should email the following documents to J.D. Klippenstein at email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Information for three references